As I embark on the supposedly toughest year of my life as a student.. I search for guidance from Allah that whatever I do in the year will be blessed.
Since Uni starts really soon, the realization that I will be doing my own research project this year is starting to hit harder and harder. Knowing that I want to do my topic relevant to the ummah, I was wondering how I would be able to ensure the quality of my work so that it is neither misleading and irrelevant. My fears are that I make judgements and statements based on my limited knowledge which might end up concurrent to what Islam actually teaches. I knew I thus needed to find someone!
This morning, whilst lounging in the living room with the girls, one requests Carbonara for lunch. So I change out of my PJs to something slightly presentable and head out with a shopping bag, my phone and debit card. Get all the ingredients I need. I reach the tills and as usual, Aldi has long queues.
I notice the lady behind me was Muslim, and so I gave salam. Excitedly, she replies and MasyaAllah was she beautiful! I thought that was it, just like any other encounter.. but then she tells me how beautiful it is to hear salam and we started talking. I noticed she was getting activity books for children so she must be a mom! Things spiral and I ask for her number. She asks for mine as well and when she knew my name, she asks whether I know the meaning. MasyaAllah she says. I tell her I'm trying to study Arabic and that she should speak to me in Arabic when she sees me.
Whenever you need help with anything at all, Quranic advice, arabic, whatever, give me a call and I will pick you up!
See this is why I love Islam. Where ever I go, I know I will meet beautiful people. People beautified by Islam.
Turns out she's from a very academic background: a teacher herself, with a lecturer in law and a husband that has studied Islamic philosophy etc. I'm excited because I know Allah will take care of me, where ever I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment